SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
The African Queen Thames Cruises
July 2020 to October 2021 , from £799 per person
Day One – Wednesday: Mapledurham to Goring on Thames
- Check in from 14:00. A ‘Welcome Safety Meeting’ by Skipper Andy will follow.
- At 15:00 set off up-stream to Goring on Thames, following ‘The Wind In The Willows Route’, arriving around 18:00.
- Guests can go ashore & enjoy a ‘Sundowner’ at one of the historic pubs.
- Three course ‘Cape Malay’ dinner served on board.
- End the day at the bar and be regaled by our skipper with stories of the river.
- Overnight in Goring
Day Two – Thursday: Wallingford to Mapledurham
- After breakfast cruise upstream to Wallingford, famous as the filming location of Midsummer Murders. Free time to explore the village. Cruise back down stream to the Beetle Wedge riverside restaurant for a two course lunch – included.
- After lunch we continue our journey back to Mapledurham navigating through three locks.
- Light supper on board. Overnight in Mapledurham.
Day Three – Friday: Mapledurham to Sonning
- After a hearty breakfast enjoy a guided walk through the old Village of Mapledurham and a visit to the late 18th century Chapel.
- Return to the boat cruise downstream to Caversham with free time to explore before lunch on board.
- Continue our cruise to Sonning arriving around 16:00 Evening at the Mill at Sonning Dinner Theatre including a meal and a show.
- Overnight in Sonning.
Day Four – Saturday: Sonning to Henley on Thames
- After a hearty breakfast cruise to Henley on Thames. A two course lunch will be served on board followed by a free afternoon to explore this charming riverside town.
- Traditional South African Braai / BBQ dinner on board followed by the ‘Saturday Night Quiz’.
- Overnight in Henley.
Day Five – Sunday: Henley to Mapledurham
- After breakfast we cruise upstream to Mapledurham, and enjoy a two-course ‘Sunday Roast’ on board.
- Arrive around 14.30 and check out by 15:00.
The African Queen of London
We are delighted to offer these exclusive cruises on the African Queen of London. Park your car in the secure car park and embark on this unique cruise from the Mapledurham Estate, near Reading. The African Queen accommodates 12 guests in cosy, comfortable cabins. The owners, husband and wife team Bonny and Andy, serve delicious cuisine including a Cape Malay dinner and a south African Braai BBQ and will regale you with charming tales from the river.
The Upper Deck has an indoor viewing gallery with comfortable chairs, a bar and dining area. The sundeck has seating from which to enjoy delightful views of the English countryside and riverside towns.
The African queen has 8 cabins, all on the lower deck with en-suite facilities and a small window that can be opened.
- Suite – For early bookers there is a larger double cabin available for an extra £20per night – subject to availability.
- Double Cabin – There are 4 cabins with a double bed for two people .
- Twin Cabin – There is one twin cabin on board and it has two single beds and a small seating area and ensuite facilities.
- Single Cabin – Two cabins are available with a single bed and there is no supplement to pay.
What Our Customers Say
Just to say how much we all enjoyed the Danube Fortunes Cruise. Our first holiday with you and our first river cruise, won't be the last. We've recommended your company to friends. Read more “‘Fortunes’ River Cruise”
Swiss Pearl is the best GN cruise we've been on - would certainly book a holiday on her again. Excellent crew, amazing food quality. Drinks inclusive was great - helps towards planning a more relaxed holiday. Read more “Swiss Pearl”
We have had a wonderful 4 day stay onboard the "Swiss Pearl". Everything has been great, with Sheena and Gareth looking after us. the ship's crew and GN Voyages staff have been marvellous in providing all we need for a very enjoyable holiday. Read more “Swiss Pearl”
The presentation of all concerned, a good attitude by all staff and crew. GN hosts were excellent. the pace of the tour was just right and very relaxing. Having never heard of GN Holidays before seeing the ad, we were very sceptical on what to expect, but we are very happy with our experience, and would book and recommend them to anybody. Read more “Rhine Wine Festival”
The holiday had a relaxed atmosphere with freedom to do as much or as little as you liked at each location. Read more “Rhine Wine Festival”
The friendliness on board and good all round entertainment was fine, not to mention the good food and wine. Read more “Rhine Wine Festival”
I, like so many other,s are only ready to make a complaint, BUT, not this time. I would like to say a big thank you and well done on the river cruise. We had never heard of GN Holidays until we saw the advertisement in the Daily Mail, we liked the itinerary, but were sceptical, and thought we would give it a go not knowing what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised, the ship and crew of the Carmen were excellent, as was the pace of the tour, the GN tour manager Sheena, the host Gareth and the singer Chris Baker all deserve special praise. Read more “Rhine Wine Festival”
We enjoyed the ports of call which lived up to expectation. The Prinses Christina, although smaller than some cruisers, has a nice, comfortable atmosphere and the crew are very hard working and pleasant. Read more “Bulbfields Waterways Cruise”
Friendliness of crew who all worked hard to keep us comfortable. Atmosphere on the ship always cheerful making a very pleasant holiday. Read more “Rhine & Moselle”
Beautiful and interesting route. Friendly and efficient staff aboard ship. Read more “Rhine & Moselle”
All ship crew very friendly. Great atmosphere on board. Read more “Rhine New Year”
Staff so friendly, passengers mixed well and joined in, entertainment excellent and a spectacular fireworks show. Just great fun! Read more “Rhine New Year”