SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
The African Queen Thames Cruises
5 days, 12 August, 23rd September & 14 October 2020 , £799 per person
Day One – Wednesday: Mapledurham to Goring on Thames
- Check in from 14:00. A ‘Welcome Safety Meeting’ by Skipper Andy will follow.
- At 15:00 set off up-stream to Goring on Thames, following ‘The Wind In The Willows Route’, arriving around 18:00.
- Guests can go ashore & enjoy a ‘Sundowner’ at one of the historic pubs.
- Three course ‘Cape Malay’ dinner served on board.
- End the day at the bar and be regaled by our skipper with stories of the river.
- Overnight in Goring
Day Two – Thursday: Wallingford to Mapledurham
- After breakfast cruise upstream to Wallingford, famous as the filming location of Midsummer Murders. Free time to explore the village. Cruise back down stream to the Beetle Wedge riverside restaurant for a two course lunch – included.
- After lunch we continue our journey back to Mapledurham navigating through three locks.
- Light supper on board. Overnight in Mapledurham.
Day Three – Friday: Mapledurham to Sonning
- After a hearty breakfast enjoy a guided walk through the old Village of Mapledurham and a visit to the late 18th century Chapel.
- Return to the boat cruise downstream to Caversham with free time to explore before lunch on board.
- Continue our cruise to Sonning arriving around 16:00 Evening at the Mill at Sonning Dinner Theatre including a meal and a show.
- Overnight in Sonning.
Day Four – Saturday: Sonning to Henley on Thames
- After a hearty breakfast cruise to Henley on Thames. A two course lunch will be served on board followed by a free afternoon to explore this charming riverside town.
- Traditional South African Braai / BBQ dinner on board followed by the ‘Saturday Night Quiz’.
- Overnight in Henley.
Day Five – Sunday: Henley to Mapledurham
- After breakfast we cruise upstream to Mapledurham, and enjoy a two-course ‘Sunday Roast’ on board.
- Arrive around 14.30 and check out by 15:00.
The African Queen of London
We are delighted to offer these exclusive cruises on the African Queen of London. Park your car in the secure car park and embark on this unique cruise from the Mapledurham Estate, near Reading. The African Queen accommodates 12 guests in cosy, comfortable cabins. The owners, husband and wife team Bonny and Andy, serve delicious cuisine including a Cape Malay dinner and a south African Braai BBQ and will regale you with charming tales from the river.
The Upper Deck has an indoor viewing gallery with comfortable chairs, a bar and dining area. The sundeck has seating from which to enjoy delightful views of the English countryside and riverside towns.
The African queen has 8 cabins, all on the lower deck with en-suite facilities and a small window that can be opened.
- Suite – For early bookers there is a larger double cabin available for an extra £20per night – subject to availability.
- Double Cabin – There are 4 cabins with a double bed for two people .
- Twin Cabin – There is one twin cabin on board and it has two single beds and a small seating area and ensuite facilities.
- Single Cabin – Two cabins are available with a single bed and there is no supplement to pay.