Your contract is with Good News Holidays Ltd (trading as GN Holidays), ABTA number Y0291.
1. YOUR HOLIDAY CONTRACT:
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so. If you had not seen these terms and conditions when you made your booking and you are not happy to proceed with the booking now that you have seen them please return all documentation to us or to your travel agent, within 4 days of receiving these booking conditions. Your booking will be cancelled and your monies will be returned in full, provided you have not commenced your travel. This clause does not apply if your booking was made after the usual final balance due date – 12 weeks or more depending on the holiday booked.
2. YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION:
1.When you buy a holiday that doesn’t include a flight, protection is provided by way of an ABTA bond held by Travel & General Insurance Services (TAGIS).
2. When you buy a flight inclusive holiday, protection is by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (ATOL) number 9362. You will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number Y0291. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service in line with ABTA’s Code of Conduct. This includes a commitment to resolving any complaints/disputes quickly and amicably. In the unlikely event we are unable to do this, you may use ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
4. YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE & PAYMENT:
1) We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown in our brochure. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
2) When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of the amount stated in the brochure or as advised. The remainder/balance of the holiday cost must be paid at least 12 weeks before commencement of the holiday OR sooner for some holidays as stated in our literature and/or on our website. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. The price of your travel arrangements may include an element paid in Euros. Unless otherwise stated in the tour details, the rate of exchange applicable to the holiday(s) in our literature and/or on our website was based on 1.1 Euro to 1GBP.
3) Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, duties, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that together with an amount to cover any agents’ commission. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel you must do so within 14 days from the date on your final invoice.
4) When you buy a flight-based holiday from a travel agent, all monies you pay to that travel agent are held by him on our behalf and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times. This is subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail. If we fail, any money held at that time by the agent, or subsequently accepted from you by him, is and continues to be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us. When you buy a holiday not including a flight, all monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on our behalf at all times.
5. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING:
If after our confirmation invoice has been issued you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge (amounts vary dependent upon at what stage the change is made and the type of holiday – ask for details), and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements. You may transfer your booking to another person, who satisfies all the conditions that apply to your booking, by giving us notice in writing at least 7 days before departure. Both you and the new traveller are responsible for paying all additional costs.
6. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY:
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. The person who made the booking or your travel agent must write to us confirming this. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows: Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
Period before departure within which cancellation letter is received Amount retained shown as % of holiday price Amount retained shown as % of day trip price
More than 56 days Deposit 100%
56 – 49 days – 30%
48 – 22 days – 50%
21 – 8 days – 75%
7 – 1 days – 100%
Departure day – 100%
7. IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY:
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In some cases we will also pay compensation (see below). These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines stated in our literature and/or on our website may be subject to change. We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 12 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure (unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances beyond our control), failure by you to pay the final balance, or because the minimum number required for the package to go ahead hasn’t been reached. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid, or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).In some cases we will pay compensation (see below). If we cancel or make a major change we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the major change or cancellation arises due to reasons of force majeure – unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances beyond our control which may include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
If we cancel or make a major change to your holiday
Period before departure in which we notify you Amount you will receive from us
More than 84 days Nil
between 84 and 56 days £5
Less than 56 days £10
less than 14 days £20
8. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT:
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and our resort representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by emailing email@example.com, or writing to GN Holidays Customer Services Department, 3 Station Approach, Higher Denham, Uxbridge, Middx, UB9 5EL giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services as well as to our representative without delay and complete a report form whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract. Also see item 3. ABTA.
9. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU:
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of 2 times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to
(a)The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
(b)Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the transport contractual terms, or the international conventions, from GN Holidays, 3 Station Approach, Higher Denham, Uxbridge, Middx, UB9 5EL. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in item 7. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted. NB this clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation of an equivalent grade if possible, for a maximum of three nights. The limit doesn’t apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday.
10. PROMPT ASSISTANCE IN RESORT:
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
11. PASSPORT, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS:
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
12. HOLIDAYS BY COACH:
Coaches used are modern and comfortable, usually with WC. In the event of operational difficulties, on day tours and on short journeys we reserve the right to use coaches without this facility. Coach holidays within the UK have some local (West London) departure points which are offered subject to a minimum of 8 passengers joining at each. However, we will do our utmost to meet all pick-up requests regardless of this minimum subject to operational constraints such as driver hours regulations. Your actual departure point and time will be confirmed with your travel documents.
COACH SEAT NUMBERS where coach seats are allocated these will be printed on your travel documents – please notify us of any special requests at the time of booking. Smoking and/or alcohol consumption are not permitted on the coaches. No-one will be allowed to board the coach if they are considered to be at our sole discretion unfit to travel through excessive alcohol consumption.
13. HOLIDAYS BY TRAIN:
Where possible we will reserve seats for your journeys, but we cannot always guarantee that seats will be together or in the direction of travel. Please be aware that trains in Europe are often double-deck, and, we have no control over which deck we are allocated. Where we travel by overnight sleeper train beds are upper and lower unless stated otherwise.
14. THIRD PARTY EXCURSIONS:
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday that are not part of your package holiday with us, are taken entirely at your own risk .
15. FITNESS TO TRAVEL/ REFUSED TRAVEL:
At check-in we reserve the right to refuse travel to anyone who has failed to declare to us in advance any mobility limitations/ and or health issues, and who in our opinion, is not fit to travel because they are a danger to themselves or other travellers. In this instance no refund or compensation will be paid..
16. ACCOMMODATION ONLY:
Where accommodation only is provided, transportation to and from the accommodation is your sole responsibility.
Travel documents/ tickets with timings and final itineraries will normally be sent to you around 7 days before departure.
18. JOINING OUR HOLIDAYS:
Your arrangements with us begin and end at the point you join our holiday. We cannot accept any responsibility for travel arrangements you make to or from this point. (For those who need to make independent travel arrangements to get to a station/airport or who need to arrange an overnight hotel prior to/after a tour – we recommend you check with us, and wait until we are in a position to confirm the package will go ahead, and exact timings, before you book or make any reservations).
19. TRAVEL INSURANCE:
It is a condition of travel that everyone travelling outside mainland UK must have adequate insurance cover – details of the insurance for everyone in your party must be notified to GN Holidays no later than 24 hours from booking. As a result of recent changes in legislation GN Holidays have chosen not to sell travel insurance. Regrettably our staff are not able to offer help or advice on this subject nor able to recommend insurers.
20. TRAVEL DELAYS:
Occasionally delays will occur. In the event we will work closely with all carriers to ensure the delay is as short as possible. We will try to make sure that arrangements are made for refreshments, when appropriate, but these arrangements will usually be the responsibility of the carrier. Any claim for delays should be directed to your travel insurer. In the unlikely event your flight is delayed more than 4 hours or cancelled, you should contact GN Holidays for guidance. It is your responsibility to obtain written confirmation of the delay/ cancellation from the airline/ rail operator before you leave the airport/ station – this will be required should it be necessary to claim on your travel insurance.
Porterage is not included unless indicated in the holiday description. Our Tour Managers are not able to offer any luggage assistance. When packing your luggage, please remember that it is you that will have to carry it.
22. BROCHURE/LITERATURE/WEBSITE INFORMATION & TIMINGS:
All information is correct at the time of publication. All timings given are approximate (often firm schedules are not available when a tour is first put on sale). Precise timings and a full itinerary will be sent to you with your travel documents. You are asked to remember that very occasionally resort or other facilities may be withdrawn for maintenance or other reasons beyond our control, such as the sudden onset of adverse weather conditions. In these unusual circumstances we shall bear no resulting liability. Any photographs/illustrations shown are representative of the type of holiday/country/area(s) visited and do not necessarily depict your exact accommodation/destination unless stated.
23. ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR:
Anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated on our holidays. We reserve the right to terminate your holiday at any time if in our opinion, or the opinion of any person in authority your behaviour causes offence, danger, damage or distress to other people. In this event our responsibility for your holiday will cease. You will be liable for any additional costs incurred and NO refund will be given for any part of the tour not undertaken. If your actions cause damage, or result in your transportation being delayed or diverted, you agree to fully indemnify us against any claim (including legal costs) made against us by, or on behalf of, the recipient/ owner.
24. DATA PROTECTION POLICY:
Please be assured we take every step to protect your personal information. Data is not used for any other purpose, or passed to any third party, other than in conjunction with travel arrangements booked or as required by law i.e to security services/immigration or when the holiday was advertised as a ‘Reader Offer’ to the publisher of the offer. GN Holidays (or the publisher) may contact you from time to time by telephone, mail or e-mail with offers of goods and services. If you prefer us (or the publisher) not to contact you, for this purpose please write to us.
This Website is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit any airline or rail company mentioned herein whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.