There’s lots going on in this fast moving world and we all need to play our part in keeping safe whether at home or on holiday. Travel is exciting and we all look forward to having fun on our holidays but there’s no harm in keeping informed by viewing the latest Foreign Office advice for the country or countries you are visiting.
Travel Aware: Staying Safe & Healthy
Covid-19 and Holiday Bookings Update
We are open for business as usual (we’ll almost). Our UK holidays recommenced in August with all going ahead safely and enjoyably in ‘Covid 19 Secure’ venues, observing the current restrictions and guidelines. Our European river cruises and escorted holidays are scheduled to recommence in April 2021.
We expect all our remaining 2020 UK breaks will go ahead. However, with Government guidelines changing quite frequently some departures could be affected. With this in mind we guarantee the following:
A FULL REFUND IF EVENT/DEPARTURE IS CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
FAQS: Frequently Asked Questions
How can the holiday go ahead safely? Our events are held at ‘Covid 19 Secure’ venues where the latest restrictions and guidelines are adhered to including: Cleanliness & Hygiene best practice, Social Distancing, Fewer guests than usual, Table Service for all meals and drinks.
How can the holiday go ahead with Rule of Six restrictions? The Government state: “COVID-19 Secure venues, such as places of worship, restaurants and hospitality venues, can still host larger numbers in total but groups of up to 6 must not mix or form larger groups”. Some venues have a limit of 4 guests seated together for practical reasons, eg table size.
How will the 10pm curfew affect the holiday? We’ll start dinner and entertainment (and Free drinks where included) earlier so all can go ahead comfortably and enjoyably. The bar will close at 10pm, but there’s no need to rush off to bed, and any live entertainment that starts before 10pm can go on past this.
Of course, there are countless questions you may have and with frequently changing guidelines the list of FAQS changes regularly, so for the most up to date information regarding our holidays and your booking with us please call us on 01895 83 33 33 9am to 5.30pm weekdays.
It goes without saying that after 23 years in business and having met a lot of you personally on our cruises, holidays and at our party break events we consider you as friends. We wish you and your families all the very best. Take care and Stay safe.
For further information visit:
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office also provides the following Travel Aware Essentials:
- Passport – Check your passport’s validity date, fill out the emergency details, look after it and keep it in a safe place.
- Documents – Make copies of important travel documents. Take a picture or make copies of them and store them securely.
- Vaccinations and health – Check if vaccinations are required for your destination. For medical advice, visit www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
- Money – Take enough money with you and make sure you have access to emergency funds.
- Make the right call – Be responsible and find out how British embassy staff can help you in an emergency abroad: www.gov.uk/travelaware
- Research – Learn the laws, customs and entry requirements of your destination, understand how they differ from home, check: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Visa – Check you have all necessary visas.
- Travel insurance – Take out appropriate travel insurance that covers you for all the activities you plan to do.
- EHIC – If you’re travelling in Europe, ensure you have a valid European Health Insurance Card and understand what it covers. You still need travel insurance! For your free EHIC visit: www.nhs.uk/ehic
- Travel advice updates – Follow @fcotravel on Twitter and FCO Travel on Facebook, and sign up for email alerts: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice