There’s lots going on in this fast moving world and we all need to play our part in keeping safe whether at home or on holiday. Travel is exciting and we all look forward to having fun on our holidays but there’s no harm in keeping informed by viewing the latest Foreign Office advice for the country or countries you are visiting.
Travel Aware: Staying Safe & Healthy Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office also provides the following Travel Aware Essentials:
- Passport – Check your passport’s validity date, fill out the emergency details, look after it and keep it in a safe place.
- Documents – Make copies of important travel documents. Take a picture or make copies of them and store them securely.
- Vaccinations and health – Check if vaccinations are required for your destination. For medical advice, visit www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
- Money – Take enough money with you and make sure you have access to emergency funds.
- Make the right call – Be responsible and find out how British embassy staff can help you in an emergency abroad: www.gov.uk/travelaware
- Research – Learn the laws, customs and entry requirements of your destination, understand how they differ from home, check: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Visa – Check you have all necessary visas.
- Travel insurance – Take out appropriate travel insurance that covers you for all the activities you plan to do.
- EHIC – If you’re travelling in Europe, ensure you have a valid European Health Insurance Card and understand what it covers. You still need travel insurance! For your free EHIC visit: www.nhs.uk/ehic
- Travel advice updates – Follow @fcotravel on Twitter and FCO Travel on Facebook, and sign up for email alerts: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice